The Fremont 4th of July Committee selects annually a person, group or organization to be our Grand Marshal.
2018 Parade Grand Marshal - Robert "Bob" Tavares
Born on St. Patrick’s Day, 1938 in Oakland, CA and a resident of Fremont since 1960. He became active in Real Estate in 1969 and believes he may have the longest acting Real Estate Firm in Fremont!
“I believe the annual Fremont 4th of July Parade brings the people of our Five Historic Districts and others together for at least a short time, thereby illustrating there can be unity for a common cause and event. Thank you for the privilege of being the 2018 Grand Marshal.”
Longtime advocate of preserving Fremont’s Five Historic Districts, our rich history, places of historical interest and annual events and involved in:
• Mission San Jose Rotary – Member and Past President
• Mission San Jose Chamber of Commerce – Member and Past President
• “The Gardens at Palmdale, Inc. Foundation” – Current President and Board Member of this newly created organization
• Committee Member and advocate that initiated and accomplished the improvements, landscape and streetscape along Mission Blvd. in the Historic Mission San Jose District
• Co-Chair of the Fremont 4th of July Parades held in the Mission San Jose District
• Mission San Jose District’s Christmas Tree Lighting – Chair and Co-Chair since inception
• City of Fremont Historical and Architectural Review Board – Past Chair and Member
• Member of Study Groups for the initiation and redevelopment research projects for Irvington, Niles and Mission San Jose Districts
• Proud Member of the Olive Hyde Art Guild – active for many years with the Arts and Crafts Christmas Gala
Grand Marshal Float
For a number of years our Title Sponsor Fremont Chevrolet gifts their Title Sponsor Float to a selected nonprofit. This year the American Red Cross is the beneficiary of float design and ridership.
We sincerely appreciate their belief of "paying it forward"!
The American Red Cross's newest blood drive campaign is focusing on "Missing Types". You might not realize how important the letters A, B and O are until they are gone... Visit their site and find a local blood drive in your area to make an appointment and give.